Expecting parents spend hours and days discussing, debating and sometimes arguing about the potential name of the baby. (Well we all know the wife always wins but that is a topic of another post.) For some choosing a unique name is essential (even if people cannot pronounce it) and some are happy with a common name. Referring religious scriptures, name books, consulting priests, using horoscope and sometimes just using a famous star’s name are common practices. But can you imagine referring to Facebook for a name.
Yes, an Israeli couple named their baby girl ‘Like’ – taken directly from Facebook ‘Like’ icon. See the link below
But that is not the first couple. Earlier this year an Egyptian couple named their baby ‘Facebook’. Link below
What is coming next? Shall we expect names like
- Google or may be Bing if parents are bloggers or believe in search engines
- Yahoo, probably not as that is an old site now
- IPhone or Mac for the cult that always advocates Apple products
- 4G, high speed baby name of telecommunication professional parents
- May be ‘Pentium’ inspired by high speed processors
- LOL for e-chatterboxes
What do you think? Please do add some more.
(PS:- Like many other posts, readers’ comments are more interesting than the original post, so please do read them.)